THIS WEEKEND’S FEATURE RACES:
Saturday 17th – Rosehill:
• Coolmore Classic 1500m f&m handicap G1.
• Ajax Stakes 1500m handicap G2.
• Phar Lap Stakes 1500m 3yo G2.
• Magic Night Stakes 1200m 2yo fillies G3.
• Pago Pago Stakes 1200m 2yo colts G3.
• Maurice McCarten Stakes 1100m handicap G3.
• Sky High Stakes 2000m 3yo+ sw+p G3
The Randwick Races or ‘Royal Randwick’ as it’s affectionately referred to, along with it’s ATC partner Rosehill, has long hosted some of Sydney’s greatest thoroughbreds race events. To this day it’s considered NSW’s best, and along with Flemington, remains as one of Australia’s premier racing venues.
For over 160 years Randwick has been the jewel Sydney Racing’s crown, hosting around 40 meetings a year (quite a lot for a metropolitan track), and a total of 16 Group One races during Spring Carnival, and of course the Sydney Autumn Carnival.
Located a mere 5 km from the Sydney CBD, a day out at the Randwick races is popular amongst Sydney-siders, who come in droves during carnival time to watch the cream of Australia’s horses, battle it out for some of Australia’s biggest prize money. The Randwick races are located at Alison Road, Randwick, NSW.
- How to get to Randwick – Location & Map
- Randwick Car Parking
- Randwick Dress Standards
- Randwick Feature Races 2018
RANDWICK TRACK INFORMATION:
Surface – Turf
Circumference – 2220m
Length of Straight – 410m