Saturday’s Feature Races at Caulfield:
• MEMSIE STAKES 1400 Wfa, Group 1.
• McNeil Stakes 1200m 3yo, G3.
• W.W. Cockram Stakes 1200m mares, G3.
• The Heath 1100 Stakes 1100m 4yo+, G3.
• Heatherlie Stakes 1700m Handicap, Listed.
The Caulfield Racecourse is one of the great Melbourne and Victorian race tracks. As you can see on the map above it’s a tight-turning triangular track, where race tactics are of the utmost importance. The biggest race of the year at Caulfield is the Caulfield Cup, which is an amazing staying test run over a gruelling 2400m, certainly one of the highlights of the Spring Racing Carnival.
- CAULFIELD LOCATION AND MAP
- CAULFIELD ADMISSION COST
- CAULFIELD DRESS STANDARDS
- CAULFIELD FEATURE RACES IN 2016
All up there are 11 group one races run at the Caulfield (with the Caulfield Cup is the highlight), but others like the Caulfield & Thousand Guineas, CF Orr Stakes, Yalumba Stakes, Underwood Stakes are all fantastic and much anticipated races on the Australian racing calendar. During the Melbourne Autumn Racing Carnival Caulfield plays host to 5 group one races, culminating with the much anticipated 2015 Blue Diamond Stakes Day.
CAULFIELD TRACK INFORMATION:
Surface – Turf
Circumference – 2100m
Length of Straight – 420m
Did you mean Caulfield horse racing’? It’s ok, we know what you mean.
Caufield, Caufeild, Caulfeild