THIS WEEKEND’S FEATURE RACES:
Friday 24th – Moonee Valley (Night):
• William Reid Stakes 1200m wfa – Group 1.
• Sunline Stakes 1600m wfa f&m, G2.
• Alexandra Stakes 1600m 3yo fillies, G3.
• Valley Pearl 1200m 2yo, listed.
Located just 6 kilometres from the Melbourne CBD, Moonee Valley Racetrack is one of Australia’s premier horse racing venues. Moonee Valley Races in an anti-clockwise direction, and the track is tight turning and rectangular; a lot different to the majority of Australia’s wide and expansive tracks.
- MOONEE VALLEY LOCATION AND MAP
- MOONEE VALLEY ADMISSION COST
- MOONEE VALLEY DRESS STANDARDS
- MOONEE VALLEY FEATURE RACES 2016
There is a number of annual group one races throughout the year at Moonee Valley, some taking place under lights at Moonee Valley on Friday night. Moonee Valley’s feature race is the The Cox Plate, Australia’s premier WFA race and the highlight of the Spring Carnival in Melbourne. Raced over 2040m the Cox Plate is considered by many racing purists as Australia’s greatest thoroughbred horse racing event.
MOONEE VALLEY TRACK INFORMATION:
Surface – Turf
Circumference – 1800m
Length of Straight – 180m
Did you mean Moonee Valley horse racing’? It’s ok, we know what you mean.
Common misspellings: MOONEE VALLEY
Monee, Moonne, Moone, Moonnee, Monnee, Valey, Mooneevalley, Vallay