THIS WEEKEND’S FEATURE RACES
Saturday 28th – Moonee Valley:
• THE COX PLATE 2040m wfa G1
• The Vase 2040m 3yo G2
• Fillies Classic 1600m 3yo fillies G2
• Crystal Mile 1600m wfa G2
• Moonee Valley Gold Cup 2500m sw+p G2
• Powerflo Solutions Stakes 1600m mares G3
• Telstra Phonewords Stakes 1200m 3yo G3
• Crockett Stakes 1200m 3yo fillies listed
There’s four annual group one races throughout the year at Moonee Valley, with some taking place under lights on Friday night. Moonee Valley’s feature race is the The Cox Plate, Australia’s premier WFA race and the highlight of the Spring Carnival in Melbourne. Raced over 2040m the Cox Plate is considered by many racing purists as Australia’s greatest thoroughbred horse racing event.
Moonee Valley is a favourite of racegoers and punters alike, with it’s amphitheatre like layout creates an electric atmosphere, and spectacular live viewing environment. With it’s unique tight turning track and relatively short straight, Moonee Valley often favours runners racing on the speed who are able to kick off the turn and maintain momentum.
Located just 6 kilometres from the Melbourne CBD, at 1 McPherson St Moonee Ponds, the Moonee Valley Racetrack is one of Australia’s favourite horse racing venues.
- Moonee Valley Location & Map
- Admission Cost Moonee Valley
- Moonee Valley Dress Standards
- Moonee Valley Feature Races in 2017
Moonee Valley races in an anti-clockwise direction, and the track is tight turning and rectangular, making it a lot different to the majority of Australia’s sweeping tracks.
MOONEE VALLEY TRACK INFORMATION:
Surface – Turf
Circumference – 1800m
Length of Straight – 180m