BTC Cup 09 Replay:
BTC CUP 2009 Results:
- 1st – DUPORTH 15.10 3.30
- 2nd – BANK ROBBER 2.1
- 3rd – APACHE CAT 1.60
The group one 2009 BTC Cup at Doomben is again upon us; with Apache Cat attempting to make it back to back victories. He has gone out at a $2.40 favourite in early markets, but i expect him to shorten just a touch.
On the other side of the world, there are also favorites to win the most prestigious horse race in the United States, and if you are thinking on betting horses, the strongest contender for the Preakness Stake is Super Saver.
The Doomben BTC Cup 2009 is a quality field (although perhaps not the strongest ever, and brings together quite a few interesting formlines. 2009 Oakleigh Plate and form Queensland sprinter Swiss Ace, will no doubt be the second favourite, and I’ll be super impressed if he can topple Apache Cat here. I’ve written him off in previous starts, but if he beats the cat in this years BTC Cup – i’ll be vey impressed.
2009 BTC Cup Field:
1. Apache Cat (Greg Eurell) Damien Oliver (4) 58.5
2. Sniper’s Bullet (Tracey Bartley) Michael Cahill (1) 58.5
3. Mr Baritone (Michael Moroney) Jim Byrne (10) 58.5
4. Swiss Ace (Mick Mair) Ken Pope (5) 58.5
5. Black Ink (Les Kelly) Shane Scriven (9) 58.5
6. Something Anything (Gary Portelli) Jim Cassidy (7) 58.5
7. Solo Flyer (Anthony Cummings) Corey Brown (8)
8. Bank Robber (Gai Waterhouse) Blake Shinn (2) 58.5
9. Duporth (Anthony Cummings) Luke Nolen (6) 57
10. Absolut Glam (Danny O’Brien) Michael Rodd (3) 56.5