► HRA Tips for this Weekend
► Black Heart Bart in the Red
► Racing Venues This Week Around Australia
► This Week’s Feature Race Nominations
► 2017 Autumn Carnival Group 1 Races
THIS WEEKEND’S FEATURE RACES:
Saturday 25th February: – Caulfield:
• Blue Diamond Stakes 1200m 2yo – Group 1.
• Oakleigh Plate 1100m handicap – Group 1.
• Futurity Stakes 1400m wfa – Group 1.
• Autumn Classic 1800m 3yo, Group 2.
• Armanasco Stakes 1400m 3yo fillies, Group 2.
• Peter Young Stakes 1800m wfa, Group 2.
• Mannerism Stakes 1400m mares, Group 3.
• Zeditave Stakes 1200m 3yo c&g, Group 3.
Saturday 25th February – Randwick:
• Chipping Norton Stakes 1600m WFA – Group 1.
• Guy Walter Stakes 1400m mares, Group 2.
• Surround Stakes 1400m 3yo fillies, Group 2.
• Sweet Embrace Stakes 1200m 2yo fillies, Group 2.
• Skyline Stakes 1200m 2yo colts, Group 2.
• Liverpool Cup 1300m handicap, Group 3.
UPCOMING GROUP ONE RACES:
Saturday 4th March – Flemington:
• Australian Guineas 1000m 3yo sw..
Saturday 11th March – Flemington:
• Australian Cup 2000m WFA.
Saturday 18th March – Rosehill:
• Golden Slipper 1200m 2yo sw.
“The Championships – Week 2”
Saturday 8th April – Randwick:
• Sydney Cup 3200m Handicap.
• Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2000m WFA.
• Australian Oaks 2400m 3YO Filles sw.
• Queen of the Turf Stakes 1500m F&M.
Our aim here at HRA is to provide you with all the information you need on the tracks and upcoming races, bonus bet offers as they become available, and of course our hugely popular HRA Tips. You’ll also find up to date track ratings, as well thorough coverage of all the Spring Carnival, Autumn Carnival and Winter Carnival group one races. We’ve also got pages dedicated to horse racing jobs, racing fashion, racehorse insurance, and a number of videos of past and present champions. And don’t forget to visit the blog, where we’ll be displaying fields, weights, barrier draws, latest betting trends and selections for all the major upcoming races in 2017.
Perth – Western Australia:
• Ascot Races Perth
Adelaide – South Australia:
• Morphettville Races
Melbourne and Sydney are the heart of ‘big money’ thoroughbred horse racing in Australia, with the 3 premier annual events being the Caulfield Cup, the Cox Plate and of course the biggest one of them all, the Melbourne Cup. The Cup is held annually on the first Tuesday in November at the Flemington Racetrack. Melbourne has three other major metropolitan venues; Caulfield, Moonee Valley and Sandown; whilst in Sydney Randwick and Rosehill are the premier tracks, with Canterbury and Warwick Farm also hosting numerous group races throughout the year.
What is widely recognised as the second tier of Australian racing, are Brisbane’s 2 longstanding premier racing venues, Eagle Farm (QTC) and Doomben (BTC). These 2 tracks along with South Australia’s Morphettville Racetrack, and the Western Australia’s Perth Ascot Racecourse, are the only other venues to hold group one races in Australia. These tracks may not offer as much prize money as some of their richer cousins, but they are the biggest racecourses in their respective states, each boasting multiple Group races annually.
Horse Race Australia has been created for those who have a passion for Australian horse racing, by providing information on the tracks and feature races in Australia, as well as the trainers and jockeys.