FRIDAY 23RD MARCH:
• Moonee Valley Races / night meeting.
• Sunshine Coast Races / night meeting.
• Terang Races
• Albury Races
• Townsville Races
• Murray Bridge Races
• Naracoorte Races
Port Macquarie Races abandoned.
THIS WEEKEND’S FEATURE RACES:
Friday 23rd – Moonee Valley (Night):
• William Reid Stakes 1200m wfa G1.
• Sunline Stakes 1600m 3yo f+m G2.
• Alexandra Stakes 1600m 3yo fillies G3.
• Valley Pearl 1200m 2yo listed.
Saturday 24th – Rosehill:
• Golden Slipper 1200m 2yo sw G1.
• Rosehill Guineas 2000m 3yo sw G1.
• Ranvet Stakes 2000m wfa G1.
• Randwick Galaxy 1600m Handicap G1.
• George Ryder Stakes 1500m wfa G1.
• Manion Cup 2400m handicap G3.
• Epona Stakes 1900m f+m sw+p G3.
• Birthday Card Stakes 1200m f+m handicap G3.
• Darby Munro Stakes 1200m 3yo listed.
“THE CHAMPIONSHIPS – Week 1”
Saturday 7th April – Randwick:
• Doncaster Mile 1600m handicap G1.
• TJ Smith Stakes 1200m wfa G1.
• Australian Derby 2400m 3yo sw G1.
• Sires Produce Stakes 1400m 2yo G1.
“THE CHAMPIONSHIPS – Week 2”
Saturday 14th April – Randwick:
• Sydney Cup 3200m handicap G1.
• Queen Elizabeth Stakes 2000m wfa G1.
• Australian Oaks 2400m 3yo filles sw G1.
• Queen of the Turf Stakes 1500m f&m G1.
Our aim here at HRA is to provide you with all the information you need on the tracks and upcoming races, bonus bet offers as they become available, and of course our hugely popular HRA Tips. You’ll also find up to date track ratings, as well thorough coverage of all the Spring Carnival, Autumn Carnival and Winter Carnival group one races. We’ve also got pages dedicated to horse racing jobs, racing fashion, racehorse insurance, and a number of videos of past and present champions. And don’t forget to visit the blog, where we’ll be displaying fields, weights, barrier draws, latest betting trends and selections for all the major upcoming races in 2018.
PERTH – Western Australia:
• Ascot Races Perth
ADELAIDE – South Australia:
• Morphettville Races
Melbourne and Sydney are the heart of ‘big money’ thoroughbred horse racing in Australia, with the 3 premier annual events being the Caulfield Cup, the Cox Plate and of course the biggest one of them all, the Melbourne Cup. The Cup is held annually on the first Tuesday in November at the Flemington Racetrack. Melbourne has three other major metropolitan venues; Caulfield, Moonee Valley and Sandown; whilst in Sydney Randwick and Rosehill are the premier tracks, with Canterbury and Warwick Farm also hosting numerous group races throughout the year.
What is widely recognised as the second tier of Australian racing, are Brisbane’s 2 longstanding premier racing venues, Eagle Farm (QTC) and Doomben (BTC). These 2 tracks along with South Australia’s Morphettville Racetrack, and the Western Australia’s Perth Ascot Racecourse, are the only other venues to hold group one races in Australia. These tracks may not offer as much prize money as some of their richer cousins, but they are the biggest racecourses in their respective states, each boasting multiple Group races annually.
Horse Race Australia has been created for those who have a passion for Australian horse racing, by providing information on the tracks and feature races, as well as the thousands of trainers and jockeys in Australia.
*New cust only. Exc NSW, SA, WA & Vic. Turnover requirements apply. T&C’s apply. Gamble responsibly.